Committee on Economic Development
The Committee on Economic Development is responsible for matters related to economic, industrial, and commercial development; the disposition of property for economic development purposes; development, maintenance, preservation, and regulation of the housing stock, including rental housing; and neighborhood development, improvement, stabilization, and urban affairs; cable television; and matters relating to the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority.
No staff members are on this committee.
Agencies under the Committee on Economic Development
- Department of Housing and Community Development
- Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development
- District of Columbia Housing Authority
- Housing Finance Agency
- Housing Production Trust Fund
- Office of Cable Television
- Rental Housing Commission
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority *
* This entity is a federal agency or regional body. As such, the Committee does not have direct oversight but, rather, serves as a liaison for the Council in relations to this entity.